Welcome! Happy New Year! I will be hosting a basic sourdough workshop at Expand Yoga on 6th Avenue & Proctor in Tacoma WA. The price is $40.
In this workshop you will learn about the nutritional benefits of naturally leavened (sourdough) bread and why this original way of making bread is superior to other breads you can buy in the store. You will learn how to cultivate and maintain a sourdough culture and how to successfully make nutritious and delicious bread in your own home. If you are new to sourdough bread or even have your own sourdough culture and want to learn more tricks of the trade, then this workshop is for you! It is hands on - there will be participation, demonstration and discussion. You will be mixing, shaping, proving... working through the basic steps from starter to dough to final loaf. You will receive a recipe for a basic white sourdough loaf and more information on available grains and flours that you can vary in your loaves and how to modify each loaf to suit your taste.
You will learn:
- how to refresh (feed) and maintain your starter
- understanding of why sourdough bread is easy to digest & full nutritional facts
- have an understanding of the basic behaviors of sourdough so you can make a great loaf every time you bake.
- a medium size kitchen bowl/bread basket & a kitchen towel or linen OR if you would like to bake your take home loaf in a bread loaf pan, then bring that in place of the bowl.
- a pen or pencil
- questions you may have
You will receive:
- a mature starter to take home
- small bag of flour to refresh your starter
- basic sourdough loaf recipe
- a loaf to take and bake at home
To sign up for this workshop follow this link to the Expand Yoga website http://www.expandyoga.com/workshops/
You will need to make an account through mindbody by following the sign up button below the workshop information.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org